This morning I uploaded my YouTube tutorial on how to make rainbow striped cake pops! The video also shows how to make a small cake that has rainbow stripes on the inside. The pops and the cake are covered with chocolate so they look really yummy. But the real surprise is when you cut a piece of cake or take a bite out of a rainbow pop.
Direct link to the video:http://youtu.be/LsNgcgxPm9M
My YouTube channel: SparkedIdeas
Facebook: Sparked Ideas
These are some of the ingredients and tools that you'll need (see entire list below).
Here are the colors I used:
The cake plus frosting mixture looks like this after the colors are added:
The rainbow pop looks like this after assembling it.
Next, a stick is attached and a few hours later it's dipped into chocolate:
Here's a list of ingredients and tools that I used. This is also in my YouTube video's description box.
(Makes 14 cake pops):
- 1 box of Baker's Semi-Sweet baking chocolate squares
- 1 box of Duncan Hines Classic White cake mix
- 1 container of Betty Crocker fluffy white frosting
- A rolling pin
- A flat, wide paint brush
- Food coloring -
1) McCormick Assorted Food Colors (you'll need yellow, red, and green)
2) Wilton Gel Food Colors (you'll need Orange, Purple, and Teal)
- Frosting for attaching sticks - 1 cup powdered sugar plus 1 TBS water
- Wilton "Cake" Sticks - 6 inches
- A round cookie cutter - from 1.25" to 1.5" in diameter
- Disposable latex gloves
- Colorful paper cupcake holders (optional). A striped design looks good.